I’m a PhD candidate with the Human-Centered Robotics Lab at the Colorado School of Mines. My research interests are multi-robot systems and human-robot teaming, focusing on learning representations that make multi-robot systems easier to understand, control, and interact with.
I’m also working as a Journeyman Research Fellow with the Army Research Laboratory, have worked as a teaching assistant, have reviewed for a wide variety of conferences and journals, and have a previous career as a Transportation Officer with the US Army.
- PhD in Computer Science, Colorado School of Mines, 2021 (expected completion)
- MS in Computer Science, Colorado School of Mines, 2016
- BA in Computer Science, University of Virginia, 2009
- Human-Centered Robotics Lab, Colorado School of Mines (January 2015 - Present)
- Developed novel methods based on multi-modal graph embedding and graph representation learning to understand the structure of multi-robot systems.
- Proposed new methods for multi-robot control utilizing game theory, regularized optimization, and sensor fusion.
- Developed new methods for human activity recognition, incorporating information from teammates relationships and nearby objects.
- Designed and built a multi-robot research platform, enabling the evaluation of methods to control and integrate sensing data of multiple robots.
- Army Research Laboratory - Journeyman Research Fellow (Summer 2018, Fall 2020 - Present)
- Developed novel methods to model the internal structures of multi-robot systems based on multiple observation modalities.
Awards and Honors
- 2nd Place presentation (Computation and Electronics Session) at 2020 Graduate Research and Discovery Symposium (GRADS 2020)
- Best poster finalist at CSM C-MAPP 2016
- Finalist at the Amazon Picking Challenge, ICRA 2015
- Honor Graduate of US Army Officer Candidate School
- Honor Graduate of US Army Basic Combat Training
- Teaching Assistant for Human-Centered Robotics (CSCI473/573, Spring 2019)
- Teaching Assistant for Robot Planning and Manipulation (CSCI498/598, Spring 2019)
- AuRo Autonomous Robots Feb 2021
- ICAPS International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling Jan 2021
- ICRA IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation Nov 2019, Dec 2020
- RA-L IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters Nov 2019, Nov 2020
- ISR Journal of Intelligent Service Robotics Oct 2020
- TAAS ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems Nov 2019
- Humanoids IEEE International Conference on Humanoid Robots Sep 2018, Aug 2019
- TIP IEEE Transactions on Image Processing Aug 2019
- SSRR IEEE International Symposium on Safety, Security and Rescue Robotics Jun 2019
- ICIAP International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing Jun 2019
- IROS IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems May 2019
- Sensors Affective and Immersive HCI via Effective Sensor and Sensing Nov 2018
- CVIU Computer Vision and Image Understanding Nov 2016
Transportation Officer - 82nd Airborne Division, US Army
- Brigade Transportation Officer, 82nd BSB
- Distribution Platoon Leader, 1-73rd Cav